Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Coming and Going

Coming and going leads to drafts

("Close the door! Were you born in a barn?")

Coming and going can also lead

to the (temporary) satisfaction

of curiosity.

Ask any cat.

 

Coming and going

leads to hellos and goodbyes,

to welcoming the new

and to bidding fond farewell,

as the travelogues used to say,

to what needs to be abandoned.

This brings us back to our old friend

"Letting Go,"

so familiar as we meet it

time and time again during

the spirals and switchbacks of the journey.

 

 

I'm coming.

(Meaning: "Don't cry, baby. Mommy's coming."

Or "Don't stop, darling, I'm coming.")

 

I'm going.

(Meaning: "Don't try to stop me;

my mind's made up."

Or "I'm goin', and I'm gonna have a happy time.")

 

And me? I don't know whether I'm

coming or going (they're so much the same thing),

but I can tell you this:

either one will lead to change,

and change is the very air

I breathe.

 

Copyright 2010 Ann Tudor   

www.anntudor.ca
http://scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: