Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Decorated Mandala

I made a mandala and I decorated it with sequins. Are sequins appropriate for a mandala? Isn't a mandala sacred? Are sequins sacred?

 

Let's discuss the sanctity of glitz. Let's talk about saints wearing lame and form-fitting Spandex that shows the body. Who are these saints? You think you are better than they are, don't you? Because you dress so tastefully? You thought glitz was trashy. Well, maybe God likes trashy. Maybe She's dying to wear a jeweled tank top that screams "girl power!" Maybe She bleaches her hair and pulls it all over to one side with a sparkly comb.

 

You hadn't thought about that, had you? You hadn't thought that God might not look anything at all like what you had in mind.

 

God is glitz and glitter when and if She wants to be. So perhaps She likes to see sequins on a mandala and She wishes there were more. She wants me to add some of that glitter-glue that I first thought was too tacky for a mandala. Guess I was wrong.

 

God is in the details, and today the details are flashy. Here's what I'll add to this mandala: more beads, glittery glue, a sequin star sewn to the page with an antique gold bead. And where's the gold thread on this one? Oh yes, I see it--a fine line of gold thread. So tasteful, isn't it? Obviously I need to add a lot more gold thread.

 

"Don't hold back!" says God. God likes us to let loose and to let go. You know the phrase "Let go & let God"? Well, I think if we will all just let go, God will sprinkle us with the grace of joyful glitz.

 

Copyright 2010 Ann Tudor   

www.anntudor.ca
http://scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: