Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Shadows in the Park

Shadow play also entertains me as I walk in High Park on dark winter mornings. If we go down the first hill to the east, we encounter a series of street lamps, some in working order, some not. As I approach a light, my shadow is behind me, of course. Then, when I pass under the light the shadow jumps to the front, getting longer and longer as I move beyond the light. Halfway between two lights, the shadow fades out completely. It is neither behind me nor in front of me. But only for a moment. Once I am beyond the sphere of influence from the light behind me, the oncoming light shows its muscle and creates the shadow behind me again. It may seem a bit infantile to be engrossed in this shadow play at 6:15 in the morning, but it takes my mind off the remaining miles to go before I can eat breakfast.

 

 

Copyright 2010 Ann Tudor   

www.anntudor.ca
http://scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: