Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fortune

--I'll tell your fortune, cookie, if you like.

 

--Oh do, oh do!

 

--Okay, here goes. You will take a trip. Does that resonate with you?

 

--Oh yes, oh yes. I AM going on a trip.

 

--Good. I'm on a roll. You will meet a man. A man who is tall and dark.

 

--Oh yay, oh yay. I need to meet a tall, dark man! Tell me more.

 

--This man has two wooden legs.

 

--He what?!

 

--He has two LONG wooden legs. Oh wait, I see it more clearly now. He's on stilts. That's why I thought he was so tall.

 

--So what does he really look like? Not that looks are at all important.

 

--Here. Let me sense the spirit a little more deeply. Oh yes. I see. It's just a kid on stilts wearing a dark Batman mask. Sorry.

 

--Story of my life. And I'm NOT going to pay you!

 

 

Copyright 2011 Ann Tudor

www.anntudor.ca
http://www.scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: