Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Preparing for Winter

My fingers go numb with October's first frost.

Where is life?

Why does my blood not flow

from heart to fingertips?

A long distance, to be sure, but still.

Still.

Isn't that how it usually works?

 

Well, I can kvetch all winter long

and it won't warm up my hands.

I need a new solution.

 

Movement, for example.

Jumping jacks.

I'll leap from the chair and bounce!

Or remain seated and flex the fingers

as I make a heart connection

energetically.

I will live in my opening heart

and send live wires of sensed energy

coursing along the lines and pathways

of my body's ocean.

 

Or else, to bring a little warmth to my hands,

I'll steal it from my partner's heated back.

He'll never miss it,

with that fiery furnace burning in his chest.

I rest my hands, fingers spread,

on his hot skin

until his heat becomes my own.

 

 

Copyright 2014 Ann Tudor

www.anntudor.ca
http://www.scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: