Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Why I Don't Get Much Done

 

When I work in that chair, here's what happens. I gather what I think I need, primarily the manuscript, a pen, and the pale green cotton blanket. I sit down and cover my legs with the blanket, which is hard to do because I put my legs on the footstool and the blanket has to be spread over my feet and legs. Oops. Forgot to get my glasses. I take the blanket off. Move my legs from the footstool. Stand up. Get the classes. And while I'm up I pull the phone closer so I won't have to stretch for it if it rings while I'm working. If I ever start working.

 

I sit down again. Tug the blanket over my legs. Oops. I forgot to bring a glass of water to drink while I am working. I remove the blanket, put my feet on the floor, set the manuscript on the footstool along with the pen. I untangle my feet from the blanket and slip on my old Birkenstocks that fit me so loosely they are an accident waiting to happen. In the kitchen I pour myself a glass of water, which I carry back to my chair. I re-settle myself in the chair, stepping over the blanket so as not to trip on it. Pull the blanket up to cover the legs; put on the glasses; arrange a manuscript section and the pen in my lap. At last I'm ready to work.

 

Is it naptime yet?

 

 

Copyright 2014 Ann Tudor

No comments: