Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Updraft of Light

An updraft of light is in opposition,

I can only assume,

to the downward-pressing black cloud

that is my familiar.

 

When I feel, fleetingly,

this updraft of light,

it suffuses the atmosphere

with the possibility of joy.

 

Up is better than down,

they would have us believe.

Yet the pull of gravity

(all downward, as I understand it)

is essential to our being who we are.

We fasten our feet to earth

with magnets of consciousness,

and it is this awareness that allows us,

in our headier moments,

to follow the updraft of light.

 

My black cloud pressing down, down,

therefore anchors me

and ultimately allows me

at times

to be carried by the updraft

to a lighter life.

 

 
Copyright © 2015 Ann Tudor

No comments: