Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Anthm for the Modern World

Anthem for the Modern World

 

I! Me! Mine!

Don't make me one with everything,

Mr. Hotdog Vendor,

for I am an individual!

It's my nature (or,

more accurately, my cultural heritage).

Me! Mine! My right!

I want! I need!

And everything that is NOT me or mine

would be wise to get out of my way.

Make way for ME!

 

For I am singular and share

no traits with anyone.

Being me, I require the attention of the world

which, without me,

would be a much poorer place.

 

The world without me?

Why, I can barely imagine it.

I'm sure a dispensation awaits me,

a waiving of the general rule about mortality

and its inevitability.

Surely a being as singular as I

will never be allowed to die.

 

 
Copyright © 2015 Ann Tudor
 

No comments: