Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Questioning Character Flaws

Can I describe to you a few of my own character flaws? You have time for this, do you? You have enough interest? Shall I report major flaws only or a mix of major and minor (memo to self: remember Cole Porter's "Every Time We Say Goodbye": how strange the change from major to minor)? Or shall I dwell on the minor ones, the peccadillos? (Would little ones be peccaritos? Or peccarinos? Would big ones be peccarones? And where does pecorino romano fit into this?)

 

Shall we return to character flaws, subhead "mine"? To begin my list, can I say that I'm very self-centered? Would you say that's a major flaw? In fact, wouldn't you agree that being self-centered might be the ultimate flaw? The mother of all flaws, even?

 

Do I have others? Are character flaws related to the Seven Deadly Sins? Am I greedy? Am I envious? Do I get angry? Am I slothful? Am I Grumpy? Sleepy? Bashful? Hungry? (Is this a critical breakthrough? Were the Seven Dwarves actually embodiments of the Seven Deadly Sins? And if so, what does that make Snow White?)

 

And why are we talking about MY character flaws, eh? Do you have none of your own? Shall we just turn the tables here and interrogate you?

 

Just asking.

 

 

Copyright 2012 Ann Tudor

www.anntudor.ca
http://www.scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: