Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sitting

I open my fingers to let everything go,

but living takes me away from sitting.

 

I sit now.

I imagine sitting even longer,

laminated in the transparent embrace

of lethargy.

Despair.

Call it what you will.

 

Sitting takes me away from living,

the source of the pain.

Is the solution to open

my fingers and let everything go?

Without wanting and clinging

will I experience no pain?

Don't know.

Don't know about anything at all

except the impossibility of action.

 

Sitting requires no action.

Can I sit for the rest of my days?

(What if I have been allotted

a hundred-plus years full of days?

That's a long sit.)

 

Today, torporous wallowing

is more of a comfort

than even a blooming forsythia branch.

More satisfying than a just-prepared

pancake or a mushroom risotto.

 

As long as I don't broadcast my melancholy message,

don't proselytize among the innocent,

surely it will do no harm.

Because finally, grudgingly,

I will rise from my chair

and dutifully re-engage with life.

 

 

Copyright 2013 Ann Tudor
www.anntudor.ca
http://www.scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: