Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Between the Ears

Between the ears lies the silence of the mind, when I can achieve it. And when I can, when the moments of grace

allow me to sit in my body without the usual accompaniment of mind's meandering chatter (mind can't bear to be left out!)--when a moment like that comes I wallow in the peace of silence. At those times I tingle with the recognition that my body senses what is beyond the mind, and in such sensing offers me a glimpse of other worlds. I have no words to tell you more than this, except to say that it is clear that the body is the key.

 

Glorious as these moments are they do not last. Mind sooner or later asserts itself and reverts to making lists or planning meals. Just the same, here's what remains: I know the source of the forbidden fruit.

 
 
Copyright 2013 Ann Tudor
www.anntudor.ca
http://www.scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

No comments: