Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Racing Raindrops

Watching two raindrops race to the bottom of the window pane is what I did when I was ten. In a moving car on a rainy day the drops raced sideways and I leaned my tired, bored head against the window and focused on the drops that dripped into the frame of my vision and I would forget the scrumbling siblings beside and behind me.

 

I saw the raindrops and idly wondered (nothing more involved than mild wonder) which would win. But before the match could conclude, the wind whipped two more racers into my line of sight and I would follow them with a peaceful gaze.  

 

It's been too long since I traced the path of racing raindrops. Next time I ride in a car in the rain, I'll sit by the window and watch the drops race.

 
 
Copyright © 2016 Ann Tudor
 
 

No comments: