Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2015

And the Memory No Longer Lingers On

At some point recently I had a conversation about or I read about choreography—was it the Toronto Life article on Karen Kain? Maybe. Or something about Fosse? I don't know. The problem is that I don't have a firm grasp on my memory any longer. Once I remembered everything. I could tell you the details of any specific conversation as well as who I was with and where we were sitting. I never had to say "stop me if I've already told you this" because I knew what I'd said to this person and to that person. I held my memory in an iron grip.

 

Well, I should have been going to the gym and doing weight training for the arms, because I've lost my grip, in more ways than one.

 

Instead of complaining about this, I'm taking the "let it slide" approach. Looked at from a higher perspective, what difference does it make if I start to tell you something that originally came from you? It isn't as if the world is holding its breath to hear my retelling of an anecdote. They also serve who only stand and keep their mouths shut.

 

 
Copyright © 2015 Ann Tudor

No comments: