Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Exert Yourself!

Stir your stumps!

Rise like Lazarus from the deathbed

of your BarcaLounger.

Enough already with the planning,

It's time to be doing.

 

Contrariwise,

I rise to this exhortation

by removing myself from the action,

for that is what is required of me:

I exert myself in an inward direction,

toward the darkened room

and the shuttered windows.

It is there that I will (I must)

meet myself (whoever she is at that moment)

face to face, naked,

to learn . . . what?

 

Well, If I knew what I have to learn,

I wouldn't need to spend my days alone

in that darkened room or its equivalent.

 

It is past time for me to listen.

In seclusion (just me and the Universe)

I will say, "I am listening"

and then close my mouth but not my ears.

The art of living has many guises.

This is to be mine, at least for now.

 

 

Copyright © 2015 Ann Tudor

No comments: