Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Random and Incomplete List

 

I believe the moon is beautiful, in all her phases.

 

I don't believe in organized religions and their canons.

 

I believe in the power and necessity of love.

 

I don't believe I can define "love," even now. I think it has to do with an open heart. I'm working on it.

 

I believe in food:  nourishing, tasty food that comes from the earth; meat that comes from animals raised with respect and slaughtered with reverence and thanks; agriculture that respects the earth that feeds us; and eaters who are aware of and grateful for the gifts of the earth.

 

I don't believe in MacDonalds. But I do reserve the right to eat a Tim Horton's doughnut once a year.

 

I believe in music. I believe in the music that comes from within each of us, the sound we make when we groan or grunt or allow our bodies to speak what they are feeling. I believe in personal sound. And beyond that I

believe in the power of music to bring mankind together.

 

However, I don't believe in Britney Spears.

 

I believe that it is possible, though not easy, to learn to expand our view of family so that it includes everyone we meet. And beyond that, everyone we don't meet. Our family is, ultimately, everyone who shares this earth with us.

 

I believe in reincarnation. At least I did the last time around.

 

I don't believe in hell.

 

I believe in nurturing and caring for every person in my life. And that includes me.

 

Copyright 2009 Ann Tudor   

www.anntudor.ca
http://scenesfromthejourney.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Sally Anderson said...

I believe everything you believe. Do you think that's why we've been friends for nearly half a century? I do have trouble w/ that last sentence though. But I'm working on it.